The 13th edition of the IPL scheduled in the UAE from 19 September to 10 November The last date for submission of Expression of Interest (...
The 13th edition of the IPL scheduled in the UAE from 19 September to 10 November The last date for submission of Expression of Interest (EOI) to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) was till Friday. In this way, the documents related to the EOI formally expressed interest by the Tata Group and Tata Technology company 'Unacademy' and fantasy sports platform 'Dream11' formally interested in acquiring title sponsorship rights in the place of Chinese mobile phone company Vivo (VIVO) this year.
After Tata group has shown interest to sponsor IPL2020, the competition for title sponsorship has become interesting. The BCCI hopes that the bid will not be much less than Vivo's annual contract of Rs 440 crore INR even if the rights will be given for a short period.
A TATA group spokesperson said, "Yes, Tata group has submitted EOI for IPL title rights."
According to a senior BCCI source aware of this had earlier told PTI, 'Unacademy and Dream 11 have handed over the EOI to get the title sponsorship rights of the IPL. 'The official also said,' The EOI does not mention the bidding amount. It will be sent to EOE at BCCI TV on August 18.
Patanjali and Jio unconfirmed
The BCCI had already clarified that the highest bidder cannot get the title sponsorship rights until the parent is satisfied with its plan. Yoga guru Baba Ramdev's Patanjali and Jio Communications are also in the running, but the BCCI has not yet confirmed it.
Apart from Tata Sons, Indian cricket jersey sponsor Byju’s, Reliance Jio, Patanjali and Unacademy have submitted the Expression of Interest for title sponsor of IPL 2020. Tata Sons is ready to spend 250-275Cr for the IPL 2020 title.
Who can challenge TATA Sons for IPL 2020 title Sponsorship bid?
– Amazon, Coke – Inside Sports source can confirm the names which were earlier floated as potential contenders have not even submitted EOI’S so it's impossible for these two giants.
– Reliance JIO – Most likely to put in a number
– Patanjali – Leadin at number thee but tough to challenge TATA Sons
– Byju’s – As this online education startup is linked with Tencent so, at this stage with Anti-China sentiment high BCCI will be most likely to grant sponsorship right to anyone who has even iota of a chance to generate controversy.
– Unacademy – It is unlikely that the newly emerged ed-tech company will shell out the kind of amounts which Tata Sons are ready to payout. They have also thrown their hat to be the IPL 2020 associate partner and BCCI may finally grant them the status.